Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Brunch

As an atheist, I can't really get behind the idea of the whole Jesus rising after being dead for 3 days. But I can get behind the idea of tasty breakfast foods, therefore I do like to celebrate Easter Brunch.

Easter morning I woke up around 9:30, had some coffee and stared at my cat for awhile.

After several hours of that, I got up, showered and got my brunch on.

The day before I made this strawberry tart.

I definitely prefer cooking to baking, as baking is a little exact and time consuming to me. That being said this was super tasty. The sweet, lemony crust is awesome. The only changes I made were using some heated jam instead of a port sauce (cause i'm lazy and poor) and throwing on some toasted slivered almonds for extra crunch on top (which works really well and I highly recommend it). If I make this again I think I would change the mascarpone filling as well. It is tasty but a little heavy. Next time I might use half mascarpone and half creme fraiche, which I think would make it lighter and tangy-er.

I also made some home fries with onion and peppers.

I also made some leftover veggie fritatta. I had some sweet leftover veggies, so my fritatta was asparagus, mushroom, green onion and sharp cheddar. I love fritattas because it is easy to cook the eggs perfectly and they look really nice. I also served some turkey bacon because I don't believe in a meal without meat products.

Kaori (pictured below) brought some delicious orange muffins. Ben (not pictured) brought smoked steelhead trout (but he was forgiven for bringing smoked fish when he did all of the brunch dishes...thanks Ben!).

Suji (pictured below with Ula and modeling my new colorful spring plates) brought some lovely pineapple.

And to solemnize the occasion Lifetime showed two cinematic masterpieces - Cyber Seduction and Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful food! Beautiful brunch guests!

    Question- when will you be posting a recap of Cyber Seduction?

    ReplyDelete