Friday, January 8, 2010

Couch to 5K

My gym recently got remodeled and now has an extra floor which I love because there is actually room in there to stretch without being up in someone else's business. However they also got all new weight machines which are huge and scary and I don't know how to use them. Today I did free weights in order to avoid those machines. The downside of that is the free weight section is dominated by serious dudes who stare at themselves in the mirror and grunt. Also you can't help but look at yourself as there are mirrors everywhere. It made me feel self-conscious so I put on my sweatshirt, hood included and ended up looking like a short female unabomber busting out her 7.5 lb weights.

I decided that working towards a specific goal at the gym rather than just cluelessly working out would be helpful for me. Also I would like to someday learn how to run. So I have decided to try the popular internet work out (thanks for the tip Kathryn) Couch to 5K.

If I am able to stick with it, it should have many benefits. I will look and feel better, plus Ula will no longer have to flip me over every 12 hours to avoid couch sores. I have convinced a friend (I shall protect her identity by using a nickname, let's call her...Rose) to take the journey from couch to 5K with me.

Tomorrow the training begins and on April 11, 2010 you can find Rose and I running the hell (or walking the heck) out of this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment