Saturday, January 2, 2010

Outside of the Box

My new Cute Overload calendar tells me that the new year as begun! It is difficult for me to distinguish between the passing of time from my couch. I rarely know what day of the week it is and can only distinguish between a.m. and p.m. by looking at the T.V. and seeing if my "stories" are currently on (afternoon) or if it is talk shows and infomercials (early morning). However, TBTP inform me that we have in fact entered a new year. To mark this important event, I am going to engage in a little old fashioned resolution making.

As I am someone with a lot of laziness and little will power I don't want to overwhelm myself with more than one resolution. I need to keep it simple. Also, I don't want to be overly trite or clichéd. I'd like to do something a little outside of the box. Therefore, my new year's resolution is to go on a diet. I don't know if y'all have heard of these "diet" things, but apparently you reduce caloric intake by eating healthier and exercising and then your clothes fit again. It sounds exciting! One diet I'm particularly intrigued by is the newly advertised taco bell drive-thru diet. I'm not sure of all of the particulars but apparently you sit in your car and eat fast food. It sounds so achievable.

If for some odd reason the taco bell diet ends up not being successful for me I am going to try something a little more old fashioned. To that end I shall (try) to:
- give up the following: pork, beef, ice cream, chocolate, butter, and the awesome delicious frieds (farewell french fries, onion rings, tater tots, etc)
- limit the following: cheese, booze and sugar (three of my favorite things which realistically i can't give up cold turkey)
- increase the following: fruits, veggies, and seafood
- work out: yes, do more of this.

Wish me luck! Encourage me! Send me awesome tasty low-fat recipe ideas!

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. sooo are you saying you won't be cooking pork belly anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete