Friday, March 26, 2010

Pork loin dreams

I have been obsessed recently with making roast pork loin. I'm not sure why. Anyway last night I had a few friends over and lived the pork loin dream. I couldn't find a recipe which matched what I wanted so I made my own - I call it rosemary garlic crusted pork loin. Sadly I did not take great pictures because I had people over and didn't want to wait to eat in order to hold a food photo shoot.

I made a paste of minced garlic (5 cloves), 2 tablespoons of finely cut rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil. I coated the loin in the tasty paste and refrigerated it for about 3 hours. I put it on a roasting pan and browned it on 450 degrees for about 15 minutes before turning it down to 350 and roasting it for another hour and 15 minutes.

Delicious!!!

I also made a side pasta dish which I saw the delightful Ina Garten make while I was at the gym. It was a simple sauce made with whole sauteed cherry tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and a little reserved pasta water. It turned out well and was nicely balanced with the pork.

The entire meal turned out really well. Kathryn made a lovely salad, Kaori a fabulous toffee chip cheesecake and Ula and Suji provided the wine. The only downside to the evening was the strange bespectacled fellow in a dark hoodie who kept popping up outside the window and scaring people.

No comments:

Post a Comment