Sunday, March 7, 2010

More Deliciousness!!!

I cannot stop eating spinach salad. I've had it 3 times this week (including a steak strawberry reprise salad on Friday) and yesterday's warm mushroom, spinach and egg salad.

This recipe consisted of warm mushrooms sauteed in olive oil with a little oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper poured on top of some spinach. I also threw on some crumbled turkey bacon, feta, thinly sliced red onion, hard boiled egg and a few croutons. I drizzled a little balsamic vinegar on top. It was satisfying, well-balanced and tasty.

Another delicious morsel is this video I saw on the internets today of American Idol runner up Adam Lambert performing at Mardi Gras in Australia. I am not sure of the demographic breakdown of the American Idol audience but it always seemed fairly mainstream consisting probably of teens and families. The fact that the American Idol tv show led directly to this performance is awesome. While I enjoyed the scantily clad male dancers simulating sexual acts with one another and the multiple drag queens, it is really his outfit that brings it home. He is wearing a leather studded jacket, leather studded boots, a harness, rubber (I think) pants and of course a large bejeweled codpiece. Yup, a codpiece. This guy came from American Idol. I love it.


The most delicious piece of news today is that I completed the journey I started on January 8th and ran 3 miles, in a row, without stopping. That is right, I have graduated from couch to 5K. I feel inordinately proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment