Wednesday, February 17, 2010

He Rocked the Tassel

Yesterday I made some progress in my quest for someone to pay me money. Sometime. To do something. I took an exam to be a census taker. The exam consisted of math, reading comprehension, ability to alphabetize, putting things in the correct numerical order and counting houses on the map. It was like taking the bar all over again. Although the test was easy, there was one question that baffled me. It was a multiplication question with big numbers and no calculators. WTF? That part of my brain has already shriveled and died. I spent the last 10 minutes of the exam changing my answer on that one question. Oh well, I totally rocked the which sequence of numbers correctly goes from lowest to highest question.

For dinner last night I made the spaghetti with cheese recipe featured on smitten kitchen.

The meal was tasty and easy to make but slightly underwhelming. The author of smitten kitchen waxed rhapsodic about it, but mine seemed just ok.




The good news is that you need fairly few ingredients and very little cooking time.

The best part of the meal was that I ate it while watching one of my favorite sporting events, men's figure skating. Last night's was pretty awesome. It started out with Plushenko (the russian with the proud mullet who won the gold last time and is favored this time as well) who did very well, but I did not like him. He seems very angry and Ula is rightly concerned he is constantly 5 seconds away from punching someone in the face. I had to wait until the 25th skater until my boy, the delightful Johnny Weir took to the ice.


This is a photo of Johnny skating last night. You can see a hint of a pink tassel dangling below his right arm. He skated beautifully and at the end of the evening was in 6th place (perhaps the judges penalized him for lack of mullet?). After his performance one of the announcer's said "He rocked the tassel." And I cannot disagree. The long program is on Thursday, so send him your sparkly prayers. I will leave you with a video of his 2006 short program because I cannot find last night's on the youtubes. I was going to embed the video, but I can't figure it out. I'm not a magician.

No comments:

Post a Comment