Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leftovers

Today I ran outside for the first time since I have started this whole couch to 5K thing. Wow. It is so much harder than running in the gym. The sweatshirt I had initially been wearing slipped off my waist repeatedly despite about 25 attempts to tie it on. Additionally my earplugs kept falling out and I had to run without music, which is nearly impossible. I guess I am much bouncier on pavement than on a treadmill. However, it was beautiful today and the air felt amazing. Typically I am a very very very very (times 100) sweaty person when I exercise, however the cool breeze made me much less disgusting. I like. I was concerned because I don't have an arm band for my ipod, but it was perfectly comfortable nestled between my breasts, so that's a money saver for me.

Last night I was not feeling overly inspired in general and didn't want to go to the store so I decided to put together dinner from a few leftovers. As I mentioned in my last post I was not overly fond of the spaghetti and parm recipe I got from smitten kitchen as it had had cheese, oil and butter in it and just felt too greasy. I decided to make something using similar ingredients but a bit healthier. So I made pasta with a fresh tomato sauce and an egg (I am obsessed with eggs, I love to break open a nice warm, runny yolk and use it as pasta sauce) and fresh parm on top. It was delicious (and imho better than yesterday's recipe).

For the sauce I heated up a little olive oil and threw in half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Than I tossed in about 15 grape tomatoes, sliced in half. To that I added about two tablespoons of red wine and a little salt and pepper. Cook it down for about 15 minutes.

I tossed that with some spaghetti, threw a fried egg on top, some fresh parm and a little more salt and pepper. It was delicious. I will definitely have it again.


In the theme of leftovers I will throw in a classic cat photo (I have no idea what they are doing). In looking through my old photos I found a couple of old (NSFW) cat videos which I will post shortly.

As we all know the men's final ice skating is this evening. I will be rooting on the adorable Johnny Weir while wearing gold glitter eye shadow, listening to Lady Gage and drinking cosmos in his honor.

1 comment: