Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend

I went to Beaker and Flask for dinner last weekend and I highly recommend it. The food and cocktails were awesome. The first cocktail I had was the Giant Steps (Cachaca, Lemon, Pineapple, Egg White*, Orange Flower Water). It had a delightful foam on top with two pink hearts on it (adorable) and tasted like a sweet tart, in a classy way. I also had Sal's Minion (as did several other people, because it rocked) which is aged rum, pineapple and coconut water ice cubes. It was boozy and kind of sweet and amazing, and I don't even like rum (and Rose says this sentence has too many "ands" in it).

So we could try more of the menu, Ula and I decided to split two dishes.


This is the gnudi (a ricotta/flour gnocchi) in a delicious tomato sauce with a perfectly poached egg on top (egg on pasta again! I can't get enough!).


The other dish we got was mussels and sweatbreads in a cream/shallot/herb/grilled lemon sauce. It was amaaaaaaaaazing. I am tempted to go back this week just to order this dish again. I had to sop up the extra sauce with bread because I couldn't stop eating it. Also, it was super hearty and only $10. Who's with me?

I also went with Ula to take Maude to the dog park on Sunday. It was hilarious. There were tons of cute dogs running all over the place and Maude wanted none of it. She hates other dogs and looked miserable the entire time, but it amused me.

Here is Maude not playing with other dogs. Interestingly, as her fear level increases, so does her slobber. She totally slimed me when she jumped on me, pleading to escape.

This is a heavenly little pug named Greta, who Maude also did not enjoy playing with, but I thought she was adorable.

And in other animal news, here is a photograph of a traffic jam which occurred on my couch this weekend.


Also I think I need something else to watch on TV. While I spent a lot of time last week watching the Olympics, I believe my interest is now waning. Without Men's Figure Skating, what is there really to look forward to? Oh that's right, the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships in March. I am so there.

1 comment:

  1. Two thoughts- 1) Dinner sounds amazing! and that cocktail, as well. 2) I think you should start a website- animaltrafficjams.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete